- ASD Physical Security Audits
- Video Management and Evidence Retention
- Drill Management
- Liaison with APD School Resource Officers
- Manage ASD Emergency Operations Center Readiness
- Maintain Emergency and Preparedness Documents
The Security and Emergency Preparedness Department's (SEP) primary function is to reduce security related incidences within the Anchorage School District. SEP is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of the district’s emergency preparedness documents and procedures. It is also the goal of the Security and Emergency Preparedness department to assure that students and staff are aware of emergency protocols and practice appropriate responses in the event of emergencies.